Grant Process Spring 2013
(Note new deadline for submission)
The Morgan Hill Community Foundation is committed
to enriching the quality of life for the greater Morgan Hill
area residents by awarding discretionary grants to charitable
organizations, that support valuable programs and activities.
Grants are awarded once a year within the funding areas of
Recreation, Arts & Culture, Agriculture & Environment,
Education & Life-long Learning, Science & Technology,
Health & Human Services. All qualified applications are
considered according to their merit.
Completed applications should be submitted and
postmarked no later than March 15, 2013 and sent to:
MHCF, Attn: Grants, P.O. Box 1974, Morgan Hill, CA 95038
Organizations will be notified of the acceptance
or rejection of their application by the end of April, with funds
to be granted in May.
The Foundation will focus on requests that have:
- Programs contributing positive and unique benefits
in the funding areas
- Local nonprofit involvement
- Fiscal responsibility and management qualifications
- Programs that impact a broad spectrum of community
- Programs that charge minimal or no fees to
|Grants normally will NOT be awarded to:
- Influence legislation or elections
- Travel to, or in support of, conferences
- Organizations that are discriminatory
- Cover costs already incurred
- Programs or organizations outside the established
- Subsidize the writing, publication, or production
of articles, books or films
- Contributions to annual fund drives or in support
of operational expenses, except during a start-up period not
to exceed three years
- Fund the same organization/project for more than three consecutive years
- Sectarian religious purposes
- For-profit entities.
the organization should have either:
1. IRS letter confirming tax-exempt status
under Section 01(c)(3),
2. Be a public entity
3. have a fiscal sponsor with tax-exempt
4. qualify as a small public charity
Funds will fall generally in the range between $300 and
$1,000 depending on the amount available for distribution.
|How to apply for a grant
- Obtain a copy of the application by clicking here.
or e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (408)
- Complete the application or include the same
information in another format, and attach a projected line-item
budget for the project.
- Provide proof of tax exempt status by providing
- A copy of the IRS letter confirming your organization's tax-exempt
- A letter certifying fiscal support from an organization with
a 501(c) 3 status.
- Completion of the "Small Public Charity Questionnaire"
Mail the application to the Foundation before
the grant cycle deadline date.
P.O. Box 1974
Morgan Hill, CA 95038